"We shall double our efforts!"
This photograph, from around 1942 captures, what is unmistakably, a lambda-class Imperial shuttle and army aboard an unidentified oil tanker! Imperial officers, pilots and storm troopers can clearly be seen, standing in formation, possibly, in honor of a high-ranking official on board. Individuals, such as, Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine have been known to use lambda-class shuttles for cruizer-to-planet travel.
This visit seems to coincide with a significant shift in oil tanker production in the late 1940s. Where the size of tankers had been more or less the same for 25 years, after World War II they have grown in size significantly, initially slowly. A typical T2 tanker of the World War II era was 532 feet (162 m) long and had a capacity of 16,500 DWT. A modern ultra-large crude carrier (ULCC) can be 1,300 feet (400 m) long and have a capacity of 500,000 DWT. Historians suggest several factors encouraged this growth: Hostilities in the Middle East which interrupted traffic through the Suez Canal, nationalization of Middle East oil refineries, fierce competition among ship owners, etc.
With the above evidence, ISWWR investigators now realize this massive increase may have resulted from other motivations. As reported earlier, The Empire’s involvement in oil production on earth is significant. Could a visit from Darth Vader and his minions have caused oil tanker manufacturers to “Double Their Efforts”?
The investigation continues…
Evidence #: ISWWR0000056
Submitted by E. Jayne
Below: An illustration of an imperial shuttle: